Predictable Healing Using PRF/PRP Blood Concentrates, with Dr. James Rutkowski
The Complete PRF / PRP / Phlebotomy Training Course for Doctor and Staff
December 16-17, 2017
UBC Alumni Centre Boardroom
How, When, and Where to Use Blood Concentrates – For Enhanced Healing, Fewer Complications, Fewer Compromised Cases, and Increased Patient Satisfaction
Hands-On Training for the Entire Staff – Including Phlebotomy Techniques, Blood Concentrate Processing, Injectable PRF, and Mixing With Bone Grafting Materials
Purpose: To solidify your understanding of PRP and PRF, its clinical value, efficacy, and application in Oral Implantology.
The program: 2 days of lecture and hands-on training to take back to your office.
- 2 full days; lecture and hands-on practice in phlebotomy, centrifuge use, and PRF/PRP manipulation; breakfast and lunch included.
- Systematic approach to understanding the implant world and providing better service and care to your patient when working with implant surgeons
- Tuition: $2499 for dentists; $670 for CDA’s
At the end of the course, participants will be able to sort through the jungle of commercially driven information to make an informed, unbiased decision on when and how to use each of the blood
concentrate materials at various surgical sites.
- Understand the benefits and shortcomings of the various commercially available systems.
- Learn an inexpensive, scientifically proven method to enhance patients’ hard and soft tissue healing through the use of a simple centrifuge.
- Experience extensive hands-on practice performing phlebotomy techniques.
- Learn how dental assistants can make this easy for the doctor.
- Understand how to improve sub-epithelial connective tissue graft success.
- Learn how to decrease post-operative complications with pharmacological strategies.
- Learn how to increase revenue through patient satisfaction and referrals.
Course runs from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
This course is designated for 16.0 hours of CE + Optional 4.0 hours upon completion of pre-course reading and on-site written test.
Format: Lecture, Hands-On Participation
Blood Collection: A Short Course (Second Edition) by Marjorie Schaub DiLorenzo
(Order through Amazon)
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Blood Collection
- Unit 2 -Venipuncture Equipment
- Unit 3 – Routine Venipuncture
- Unit 4 – Complications and Additional Techniques.
* A test will be given at the beginning of the course for an additional 4 CE hours.
What sets this course apart
- An exam at the end reaffirms the knowledge you’ve attained
- This course is designed directly from the courses run at a phlebotomy school. Receive training in phlebotomy alongside PRP/PRF content
- Three opportunities are provided throughout the weekend to apply your new understanding
- This is a How-To course, but we also cover the Why and When of utilizing PRP/PRF. Sort out misconceptions and know how to implement this on Monday!
- PRF or iPRF is covered by most courses; we cover PRF and PRP. Learn the difference and why to use one over the other.
James L. Rutkowski D.M.D., PhD.is a Pharmacist, Dentist, and has a PhD. in Pharmacology. He has authored multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals and textbook chapters. Jim is also President/CEO of the Clarion Research Group (CRG) in Clarion, PA. CRG performs translational research for bone growth and salivary diagnostics. Additionally, he is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Oral Implantology and a Diplomate/Past-President of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID). He lectures nationally and internationally on pharmacology, sedation techniques, and bone grafting as it applies to the dental practice.
Dr. Rutkowski maintains a general dental practice in Clarion, Pennsylvania with a concentration on apprehensive/medically-compromised patients. He utilizes oral, IM, inhalation and IV sedation techniques for patient management.
- $2499 / dentist
- $670 / CDA accompanying dentist
- $1000 / CDA without dentist
If you are an Alumnus of the Vancouver MaxiCourse or CDITC programs, contact Andrew for special discount pricing.
To register, click HERE to download our registration form.
Registration closes November 15, 2017! Don’t wait. Register today.